Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I definitely forgot one...
4. Eat when you can, sleep when you can!

Anyway, we are about to have our usual Wednesday drill where we learn about shipboard safety and practice getting our life-vests and such. Other than that work is as usual...well I guess not...our filter rack went a bit haywire this morning making some of our early morning tasks a bit of a pain. In the past few days we have started cycle 2, which is just a few days...(next comes cycle 3...) and with this new cycle we have started two sets of incubation experiments which look like they should be really cool, though they have certainly added to what had already appeared to be a mildly insurmountable amount of work! These two new experiments focus on enriching water with either silicates or trace metals, and also use varying amount of light to understand population growth...(I know I probably just lost 3/4 of your attention, especially Laura who is I am sure, making infinite amounts of fun of me for being on a 'science' cruise!) And thanks to Judy (or whoever sees mom and dad first) for helping them which their blogging troubles...

No comments:

Post a Comment